Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Kid Knees

Kid Knees by eL hue V
Kid Knees, a photo by eL hue V on Flickr.

2 things

1. K.I.S.S.- keep it simple stupid... is a practice I need to remember more often. Sometimes the underpainting is the most fun and with this one was simply to perfect to alter much.

2. Why is abstract art something I spend my time on? Because it's mysterious, because it's not concrete, because it challenges and puzzles. Abstract imagery forces nothing of itself on the viewer, it's not trying to convince you to feel a certain way about a certain thing. Instead when you find a piece of abstract art you like, it usually has a very deep personal connection to the viewers visual memories. The texture of a moment, the color of a place, the pattern on the wall, maybe something from their childhood, maybe their first car. In a life of charts and catagories, I like skating in uncertainty, it feels natural.

No comments: